Sunday, January 11, 2009

Woman posts advertisment for wedding guests


A woman from the Ukraine whose family cannot attend her London wedding is advertising on a website for people to sit on her side of the church.

"I'm having a large mixed wedding of about 150 people. My partner has loads of family around to invite to the wedding," the ad says. "Unfortunately for me, my family are all in Ukraine so they all can't make it, only my mum and dad will be there."

The woman said in the ad that in addition to volunteer bridesmaids, groomsmen and ushers, she needs "30 decent people" for the church wedding. She promised attendees with free reception tickets.

"This includes free meals and dance, it could be just a time for you to relax and have fun," she said. "To get a ticket please send a picture of yourself and tell me a bit about you."

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the grooms guests sit on both sides of the church instead of inviting random strangers?

No comments: