Monday, April 20, 2009

It pays to attend this church

The Covenant Presbyterian Church in Nebraska used a secret shopper like program and paying individuals for their opinions on the service and take a survey.

"I was just beside myself. I thought what church would pay you to come and do an assessment. And I thought, well, I'm retired, I need a little money, I'll do it -- so I called," said West.

The survey asked questions like does the church convey a meaningful message?The senior pastor told KETV NewsWatch 7 that there's always room for improvement.

"We come here every week, and we're used to this congregation and the way it operates, how does someone else see this?" said Jeremy Grant.

I suppose if they need the service and people are willing to provide it for a fee then it works out for everyone. I was paid to sing in a church choir when I was in college.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Humm. And I always worry that something that I do will be included in the next sermon...

Recent blog post: Banker's Psalm