Thursday, April 23, 2009

Couple have shrek wedding


A British couple dressed up like Shrek and Princess Fiona for their wedding.

Mr Green, 44, and his 40-year-old bride were covered in green paint and full costume and wigs and married in front of 100 guests also dressed as characters from the film, including the Donkey and the Gingerbread Man.

The new Mrs Green, a hospice nurse, of Barnstaple, Devon, said: "Every girl wants a fairytale wedding and I got one - with a bit of a twist. It was a real laugh.

"The idea just came to me. I knew what we would go as them because Keith looks just like Shrek. It was funny because when we said our vows Keith had these green ears sprouting from the top of his head.

"I tried to convince my teenage son to dress up as the Donkey but he wasn't having any of it."

Mr Green, a builder, said: "It was a very strange experience to say the least, but a thoroughly enjoyable one. We love the films and my wife tells me I have resemblance to Shrek."

The couple hired a make-up artist to make them look like the characters - voiced by Mike Myers and Cameron Diaz - in the hit films.

Well, if you're not going to get married in white I suspose getting married in Green works. At least she didn't make him dress up like the donkey.

No comments: