Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fire caused by glass bowl and the sun

A fire at a Washington home was started by the sun and a glass dog bowl.

Fire officials in Washington state said a sunny day and a dog's glass water bowl combined to cause a blaze that charred the back of a home. Bellevue Fire Department Lt. Eric Keenan said investigators determined the glass bowl of water focused sunlight enough to act like a magnifying glass and start the fire on the home's wood deck Sunday.

The family dog was rescued. Damage is estimated at $215,000.

Wow, that's crazy. Remind me to only use plastic bowls for my dogs.

No comments: