Thursday, March 5, 2009

College student creates alchohol flavored popcorn


A college student in Missouri has developed alcohol flavored popcorn.

Cary Silverman, a business management major at the school, said he was inspired to create Pub Corn after seeing teenagers sneaking alcohol into movie theaters, KCTV, Kansas City, Mo., reported Wednesday.

"I soaked the kernels in whiskey," Silverman said, describing his early attempts to creating the snack. "That didn't work. I tried injecting it with a syringe. I poked my finger a lot, but it didn't work."

Silverman said he eventually developed a process to coat the popcorn with non-alcoholic flavorings that emulate the taste of beer, pina colada and Irish Cream.

"I will tell you a secret. We're testing tequila," he said.

He said truck drivers and pregnant women are his most common customers, as they can't drink alcohol often but crave the taste.

I wonder if he's a frat boy. This sounds like a fraternity thing. Not sure how the product would taste, it sounds strange.

If you would like to try it you can purchase it here.

No comments: