Monday, March 30, 2009

Man claims apples caused high blood alcohol reading


A politician in Poland who failed a blood alcohol test blames the apples that he had eaten earlier in the day.

Asked why a traffic police check Sunday showed he had 0.7 units of alcohol in his blood, Marek Latas denied having drunk alcohol that day.

"I am diabetic, I ate a few apples before driving.

"I have been involved in no accident, I underwent a routine roadside check. I was confident there was no chance I had alcohol in my blood," said Latas, a member of parliament for the conservative opposition Law and Justice Party.

The prosecutor's office is investigating his case, the website said. In Poland, the legal limit for alcohol when driving is 0.2 units. Fermented apple juice can be used to make cider, an alcoholic drink.

That's what they all say. I bet he's friends with the guy who blamed ice cream on his alcohol reading.

No comments: